In this fast & entertaining 11 minute video I build an outdoor spray booth and prime the Glastron speed boat. After wet sanding I paint the deck red with automotive paint using a cheap spray gun. Then install cleats, install rub rail, install carpet, install marine stereo & install bucket seats.
– Building an outdoor temporary spray booth
– prepping the deck for primer
– prime the deck with 1 part automotive SuperCheap Auto Primer using a Wagner W100 gun
– wet sand primer
– paint the boat with one-part automotive ColorSpec metallic Mazda ‘Velocity Red’ car paint
– installing brass cleats, installing gunwale rub rail, installing marine carpet, installing marine radio & installing vinyl boat seats
[13 month-long Ski Boat amateur restoration of a 1964 Glastron Jetflite V143 in Sydney Australia, through the long winter of Covid 19 isolation! From rotten transom, leaking hull, broken engine – to summer 2020 ready!]